Job Opening: Swing Stage Installer
Reporting primarily to the Project Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the preparation of swing stage material, including loading and unloading.
- Align, level and anchor machinery.
- Assist with installation / dismantle of swing stage material equipment.
- Ensure compliance to safe rigging practices at every step of the rigging process.
- Cleaning and inspecting swing stage gear, as required.
- Complete service calls, when required.
- Setting up garbage chutes.
- Patching and repairing of garbage chute sections, as required.
- Sign off on swing stage tags.
The requirements for the position are:
- Must have a minimum of a ‘G’ license and clean driver abstract.
- Knowledge of the Ottawa / Gatineau area.
- Must have excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to perform heavy labour.
- Must be capable of lifting to fifty (50) pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a grade 12 or equivalent diploma.
- Knowledge of power tools.
- Valid swing stage rigger training would be considered an asset.
- Previous swing stage experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Previous construction experience considered an asset.
Must have the following skills:
- Interpersonal – ability to work well in a team and on their own.
- Flexibility – ability to work overtime if required.
- Multi-task – ability to prioritize work with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
TYPICAL WORK DAY
Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can range from a somewhat noisy to moderately noisy.