Job Opening: Labourer
SCAFFEX Inc. is a locally owned and operated business located in the East end of Ottawa. As we continue to grow, we are looking to hire Labourers to work in our yard.
Reporting primarily to the Yard Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the preparation of scaffold material, including loading and unloading.
- Cleaning and inspecting scaffold material as required.
- Double check loads for accuracy prior to delivery at job site and/or unloaded at the yard.
- Assist with annual inventory count as required.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the yard and materials.
The requirements for the position are:
- Must have excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to perform heavy labour.
- Must be capable of lifting to fifty (50) pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a grade 12 or equivalent diploma.
- Knowledge of power tools.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Previous construction experience considered an asset.
Must have the following skills:
- Interpersonal – ability to work well in a team and on their own.
- Flexibility – ability to work overtime if required.
- Multi-task – ability to prioritize work with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
TYPICAL WORK DAY
Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can range from a somewhat noisy to moderately noisy.